MyLinks menu positioning

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi,

We were able to add MyLinks to our site and so far everyhting works fine except the positioning. It is not aligned with the user name. The Mylinks menu appears little up.

I tried to adjust the position using the Firebug and not successful yet. It will be great if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thanks

Prabha

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Hi Prabha,

Using Firebug or Chrome developer tools, can you tell which CSS properties/classes are actually different between the two? Below you can see that the computed style should be nearly identical for the root element of each menu.

My Links Menu:

Welcome Menu:

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hi,

The css looks different than in your post when I looked into ours. We are using the custom css file. I can send you the screensot of the css code. How can I attach a screenshot to this reply, I didn't find attach option.

Thanks

Prabha

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Images can't be posted directly to the site, the ones above are hosted somewhere else. You can just email the images to mylinksmenu at gmail.com. 

Does the HTML look similar or are you using a custom master page as well?

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

We have branded our site and so we have a custom master page. I have sent the screensot to the mylinksmenu@gmail.com.

Thanks

Prabha

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hi Prabha,

I think your best bet would be to edit your custom master page and place the GlobalSiteLink0 delegate control inside the same div as the Welcome Menu. It should look something like this:

<div class="mt-global s4-notdlg">
	<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ID="GlobalDelegate0" ControlId="GlobalSiteLink0" />

<div class="s4-trc-container-menu">
		<div>
			<wssuc:Welcome id="IdWelcome" runat="server" EnableViewState="false">
			</wssuc:Welcome>

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks,
Randy 

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Hi Randy,

Great!. Your solution worked and it fixed the alignment problem.

Thanks you so much!

Prabha

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Hi! I have a problem with this approach. As you use the

<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ID="GlobalDelegate0" ControlId="GlobalSiteLink0" />

and is the same control that shows the variations languages menu now, one deployed, it doesn't show the languages anymore... Could you help me to have the My links menu and the language selecter as well please?

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I don't have any sites with variation menus so I can't test this, but you should be able to just add the following to CONTROLTEMPLATES/MyLinksMenu/MyLinks.ascx.

<%@ Register src="~/_controltemplates/VariationsLabelMenu.ascx" tagprefix="cms" tagname="VariationsLabelMenu" %>
<cms:VariationsLabelMenu runat="server" />

Let me know if it works, I might be able to add it to the "official" solution so others can use it as well.