"push" sites to a group of users' My Links?

May 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM
We migrated from SP2007 to SP2010 last year and the admin in charge of the project implemented this so that users could have their "My Links" functionality. We have some users that are saying there were some links in the "My Links" section, not the My Sharepoint Sites pop-over, that were "pushed" to them that are now missing. The admin that migrated us is not here anymore and none of us that are here remember doing anything special like this nor do we remember ever seeing something like so all we have to go on is the users' word...

Anyway, my question is is there any way to remotely add links to a certain group of users' My Links either through some kind of registry or other push or from a Powershell run on the server?
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I don't know of an easy way to accomplish this via PowerShell, I've always done it using the AddLink method on the UserProfileService web service. Of course, if you don't have Visual Studio and aren't used to calling web services this method might prove to be pretty complicated too. :)