User Profile Services required?

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Is User Profile Services required?
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Yes, this control is essentially just displaying a user's "Quick Links" and "Memberships" which are built into/part of the User Profile Service.
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Thanks for the quick response and cool tool.
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Sorry. one more question would the search only wsp work without UPS?
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Not currently, but that's a great idea and I can easily make the necessary changes. I'll let you know when an updated version of the solution has been posted.
Feb 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM
That's great to hear! Thanks for your effort
Feb 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I added a new option called "ShowQuickLinks". The default value is "true", but if the User Profile Service is not available this value will change to "false". I also added a new .wsp file to the download page called "Search Only, No My/Quick Links". It will not even attempt to use the any of the features that depend on the User Profile Service. Let me know if you have any questions or problems with the new build.

Thanks,
Randy
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it out. Ill of course report back and share the results. This is really helpful thank you again!
Feb 21, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Just wanted to reach back and let you know everything works great! Thank you so much for making that change. I really like this and later on down the line when we get to user profile services we can enable the other stuff. Really helpful stuff. Thank you again.
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it worked for you.

Randy