Translation

May 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi!

I'd like to use your awesome solution for "My Links" but I'd really like it to be in the same language as the rest of my portal; Swedish. Would it be possible for you to add a translation to the project if I give you the Swedish translations?

Thanks!

/Johan

May 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hi Johan,

Sure, that won't be a problem. Here's a list of all the text that's displayed to the user in the solution:

• My Links Menu
  • Add the My Links Menu to the site.
  • My Links Menu - Feature Stapler
  • This feature staples the My Links Menu feature to all new site collections.
  • My Links
  • My SharePoint Sites
  • Add to My Links
  • Manage My Links
  • Root Site

If you see anything else that I left out, please feel free to include it.

Thanks,
Randy 

May 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hello again,

Thank you so much, this will make me and my users so happy! :)

I've translated the text you provided. I've also taken the liberty to translate all text on the screenshots provided on the frontpage.

Please get back to me if I can be of any further assistance. :)

English Svenska (Swedish)
My Links Menu  Meny för Mina Länkar
Add the My Links Menu to the site.  Visa Mina Länkar på webbplatsen
My Links Menu - Feature Stapler  Meny för Mina Länkar - Funktionshäftning
This feature staples the My Links Menu feature to all new site collections.  Denna funktion visar Mina Länkar på alla nya webbplatser
My Links  Mina Länkar
My SharePoint Sites  Mina SharePoint Platser
Add to My Links  Lägg till i Mina Länkar
Manage My Links  Hantera Mina Länkar
Root Site  Huvudsida

Reference: http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/randyh720/My%20Links%20Menu/menu1.png

My Links Mina Länkar
My SharePoint Sites Mina SharePoint Platser
General Allmänt
Utilities Verktyg
Add to My Links Lägg till i Mina Länkar
Manage My Links Hantera Mina Länkar

Reference: http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/randyh720/My%20Links%20Menu/addlink.png

Link Information Länkinformation
Enter the title and address of the link. Ange titel och adress för länken.
Title Titel
Address Adress

Add to Group Lägg till i Grupp
Use these options to organize your links by adding them to appropriate groups. Använd dessa alternativ för att organisera dina länkar i grupper.
Add to a Group Lägg till i en Grupp
Existing group: Befintlig grupp:
New group: Ny grupp:

Show to Visa för
Choose who can view these links. The privacy setting you select here affects who can see these links when they visit your profile. Välj vem som kan se dessa länkar. Sekretessinställningen du väljer här påverkar vem som kan se dessa länkar när de besöker din profil.
Show these links to: Visa dessa länkar för:

Reference: http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/randyh720/My%20Links%20Menu/managelinks.png

Manage My Links Hantera Mina Länkar
Add Link Lägg till Länk
Edit Links Redigera Länkar
Delete Ta bort
Create Tag from Link Skapa Märkning från Länk
Title Titel
Group Name Gruppnamn
Show To Visa för
General Allmänt
Utilities Verktyg
May 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I just submitted a patch for the language resource that are contained in the MyLinksMenuControl.cs to add french into the mix, but I did not add any resources/localization for the actual feature names themselves.

May 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Thanks for taking the time to create that patch! I also noticed that you updated the web.config patch recently. I plan to incorporate both of them really soon with only minor changes.

Thanks again,
Randy

May 17, 2012 at 3:22 PM

No problem, I am looking forward to replacing my patched version with the full one when it is released.  The control looks great, thanks for putting it all together!

May 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM

ogmandrake and substance,

Thank you again for the translations and patches. I've incorporated both of them into the current release. There are a couple new pieces of text for the web.config feature that I translated with Google, please let me know if they need to be changed.

Randy

May 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Hi Randy,

Thanks for getting back to me! :) I must be missing something though, since I still get the My Links in English. How does the solution determine which language to use? Is it automatic or a manual configuration?

If automatic: what check is done? (I have the Central Admin in English and the rest of my web applications in Swedish)
If manual: where do I set the option to use Swedish?

Thanks!

/Johan

May 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Hi Johan,

Sorry, that was my mistake. I didn't realize SharePoint required country/culture specific resource files. I've updated the solution with the correct resource files so it should work for you now. 

Thanks,
Randy 

May 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Thank you ever so much Randy, now it works like a charm! :D

Only one minor thing though: the swedish characters "åäö" are broken in the window for "Add to My Links" and "Manage My Links". The translation in the actual MyLinks menu are OK though.

This is what shows up as "header" in the options window in these two instances:

English

Swedish

What actually shows up

Add to My Links

Lägg till i Mina Länkar

Lägg till i Mina Länkar

Manage My Links

Hantera Mina Länkar

Hantera Mina Länkar

May 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Johan, thanks for pointing that out. It should be working as expected now in the version I just published.

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Works like a charm! :-D

Thank you for sharing your hard work with us and on top of that helping me with the Swedish translation.

All the best!

/Johan